The basic principle in quantitative analysis by mass spectrometry is the measurement of a signal representative of the mass of the analyte relative to a known amount of an internal mass standard.
Stable isotope labelled internal standards are compounds in which several atoms in the analyte are replaced by their stable isotopes, such as 2H (D, deuterium), 13C or 15N.
Proteomics and metabolomics using quantitative mass spectrometry aim to identify and quantify proteins and metabolites in a biological samples.
For the accurate quantification of proteins, Silantes offers in-vitro kits and in-vivo diets for SILAC (Stable Isotope Labelling with Amino acids in Cell culture) and SILAM (Stable Isotope Metabolic Labelling in Mammals).
We also produce isotopically labelled nucleosides and nucleotides as internal standards for the accurate quantification of nucleosides and nucleotides by mass spectrometry. The current focus is on providing isotope labelled modified nucleosides
Get detailed information about Silantes SILAC and SILAM products and buy them in our online shop:
- SILAC kits for amino acid specific (Lysine or Arginine) in-vitro labelling of proteins and peptides
- SILAC mouse, fly, worm and fish diets and tissues for amino acid specific (Lysine or Arginine) in-vivo labelling of proteins and peptides
- SILAM mouse, fly, worm and fish diets and tissues for uniform (13C or 15N) in-vivo labelling of proteins, peptides and metabolites
- In-vivo Fly SILAC Proteomics
- In-vivo Fly SILAM Proteomics/Metabolomics
- Standards for Metabolomics
Learn about other products from Silantes:
- Isotopically labelled compounds for NMR
- Deuterium Oxide (D2O)